David W. Johnston, CFP®
Managing Partner/Financial Advisor
It’s a complex financial world these days. Gone is the era when you could retire comfortably on a savings account, some stocks, and government bonds.
That's why I built my firm around two fundamental beliefs: first, clients need a plan that combines traditional assets with innovative diversification. Second, the best plans are based on a deep understanding of where our clients want to go – and provide a detailed approach for getting there.
At Amwell Ridge Wealth Management, our team explains, without all the jargon, how assets work together – and how we can make them work even better. We start with a deep knowledge of the market and a diversified approach to financial planning, and then bring together outside experts as needed – accountants, attorneys, bankers, and more.
Clients enjoy an accessible, responsive office, and my experience as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ helps me explain complex issues in a way that’s easy to understand. I want clients to be able to follow the plans we create for them every step of the way.
As Managing Partner, my role is twofold:
- For clients, I’m both architect and general contractor – I learn about their financial dream home, create and carry out the plan to meet their goals, and adjust along the way for market forces or life’s uncertainties.
- For my team, I’m guiding our growth – as a business owner myself, I know how vital it is to keep an eye toward the future while focusing on success in the present.
- The College of New Jersey, 1996, BS Finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Certified Wealth Strategist (CWS®)
- Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU®)
- Series 6 (Investment Company Products/Variable contracts Limited Representative)
- Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam)
- Series 65 (Uniform Investment Advisor Law Exam)
- Life and Health Insurance licenses (various states, CA Insurance License.#0F94827)
- Prevention Resources, Vice President
- Flemington Community Partnership, Treasurer
- Leadership Hunterdon, Class of 2013
- The College of New Jersey Alumni Association, Member and former Board Member
- The College of New Jersey Football Alumni Chapter, Board Member
- I reside in Flemington, NJ along with my wife Jennifer and our three teenage children.
- I am a proud to be a member of the River Dell Regional High School Athletics Hall of Fame (soccer) and earned All-American honor as a placekicker for The College of New Jersey football team.
- I am a New York Red Bulls season ticket holder, a Liverpool FC supporter, and a lifelong fan of the New York Football Giants.
- Most importantly, I captain my Over-40 Armada FC men's soccer team.
- Outside of finance and my sporting interests, I am a Revolutionary War re-enactor who's taken my "sailing and rowing" investment philosophy to the next level as part of the boat crew charged with rowing George Washington across the Delaware River each Christmas.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design), and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.