David W. Johnston, CFP®
Managing Partner, Financial Advisor
David Johnston is the Managing Partner of Amwell Ridge Wealth Management and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. Dave built the firm around the fundamental belief a proper financial plan begins with risk management, infuses innovative, enhanced diversification within an investment portfolio, and provides for an efficient transfer of wealth to the next generation.
Dave’s exceptional communication skills allows him to explain, without all the industry jargon, how various aspects of client’s wealth management and financial planning coordinate.
- The College of New Jersey, 1996, BS Finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Certified Wealth Strategist (CWS®)
- Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU®)
- Series 6 (Investment Company Products/Variable contracts Limited Representative)
- Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam)
- Series 65 (Uniform Investment Advisor Law Exam)
- Life and Health Insurance licenses (various states, CA Insurance License.#0F94827)
- Prevention Resources, President
- Flemington Community Partnership, President
- Leadership Hunterdon, Class of 2013
- The College of New Jersey Alumni Association, Member and former Board Member
- The College of New Jersey Football Alumni Chapter, Board Member
- I reside in Flemington, NJ along with my wife Jennifer and our three teenage children.
- I am a proud to be a member of the River Dell Regional High School Athletics Hall of Fame (soccer) and earned All-American honor as a placekicker for The College of New Jersey football team.
- I am a New York Red Bulls season ticket holder, a Liverpool FC supporter, and a lifelong fan of the New York Football Giants.
- Most importantly, I captain my Over-40 Armada FC men's soccer team.
- Outside of finance and my sporting interests, I am a Revolutionary War re-enactor who's taken my "sailing and rowing" investment philosophy to the next level as part of the boat crew charged with rowing George Washington across the Delaware River each Christmas.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design), and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.